breast fat grafting
Fat transfer to the Breasts is a minimally-invasive treatment offering subtle enhancement to the breasts. It is a popular choice for women who are looking to add shape and volume to their chest, whilst removing stubborn pockets of fat elsewhere on the body.Breast size and fullness can have a huge effect on body confidence. Factors such as weight loss, pregnancy/breast feeding, or ageing can cause breasts to look emptier or lose their shape, while many others are born with naturally smaller breasts which can leave some feeling insecure.
- Breast Enlargement with Fat Transfer involves removing pockets of fat from other areas of your body (such as the legs or abdomen) and transferring the fat into the breast area to increase volume and shape in a subtle, natural-looking way.
FAT TRANSFER PROCEDURE
Initially fat is harvested from another area of the body, typically from the abdomen, buttocks, flank and/or thighs. The fat is extracted using liposuction, for this a small incision is placed in the area to harvest the fat. A small cannula is inserted and fat tissue is removed using a vacuum suction. The liposuction sites are sculpted to give the patient smooth and beautiful contours. Once the fat is collected, it is prepared for injection into the breasts, removing any fluid waste. Then, the fat is collected in a syringe to inject into the breast.
INJECTION OF THE FART INTO THE BREAST
The second procedure is the injection of harvested fat graft into the breasts. The fat is strategically and methodically injected into the breasts. It is injected in a small thread-like manner to promote integration into the breast tissues. The fat is injected into all levels of the breast, with a focus under the skin and above the chest muscle. It is known that the fat tissue contains stem cells and these are thought to grow and differentiate into fat tissue.
ADVANTAGES OF BREAST FAT GRAFTING
Shaping and sculpting the breasts
Eliminating unwanted fat from the midsection and lower body
Eliminating the risk of implant leakage or rupture
Eliminating the risk of scar tissue formation around the implant, leading to capsular contracture
Less trauma to the body as compared to traditional breast augmentation
Reduced recovery time as compared to augmentation with breast implant.
Fat transfers are natural and provide long lasting results.
WHO IS THE CANDIDATE OF FAT GRAFTING ?
Aesthetic and Cosmetic Enhancement
- Correction of contour or volume problems after breast reduction or mastopexy
- Camouflage of implant rippling after prosthetic breast augmentation
- Aesthetic breast enhancement with fat transfer
- Replacement of volume after removal of implants inserted for aesthetic breast augmentation
- To disguise capsular contracture
- Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities
- Post-surgery localized contour defects or volume asymmetry
- Correction of chest wall abnormalities including Pectusexcavatum and Poland’s syndrome in males
- Correction of congenital breast abnormalities including female Poland’s syndrome, tuberous breasts and developmental asymmetry
- Breast Cancer Surgery and Reconstruction
- Correction of defects and asymmetry following wide local excision with or without radiotherapy
- Improvement of soft tissue coverage following implant-based breast reconstruction
- Augmentation of volume and refinement of autologous whole breast reconstruction
POST OPERATIVE CARE:
- Tape area – 3-4 days
- Cool packs to reduce swelling – 72 h
- Light massage only
- Swelling for 2-6 weeks
- Avoid rigorous physical activity at least 3 week
- fat necrosis
Duration: 1 to 2
Hospital stay: daycare procedure
Back to work: after 2 to 3 days
Post-operative care: for 2 to 3 week
Result: permanent (but resorption 30 to 40 percent)
Choosing a Qualified plastic Surgeon Breast augmentation is a simple procedure, but excellent results require a skilled approach that can only come from specialized training and experience. You need to choose a trained and licensed plastic surgeon that can perform the procedure safely and achieve the results you desire